• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

We’re lovin’ Arlon’s SLX Plus vinyl

tedbragg

We rarely print vehicle wraps, so I’m sure there are better substrates— but my goodness! Arlon’s SLX+ material has been the biggest, most pleasant surprise for us. Prints are super smooth and consistent, and their matching 3270 laminate comes out flawless even in our awful roll-fed machine. I still hold my breath when using this duo — it IS expensive for us but for the first time I’m not scared to print full wraps anymore.

signheremd

Good stuff. We have been using for years. Another we like is General Formulations 830 Wrap vinyl and 831 Laminate Works just as well and comes in about $200 total less.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I also switch to the SLX+, I love it!!!

Interesting about the GF, I may have to give that a try. I do like their regular vinyl quite a bit. Anyone else try the 830?

Evan Gillette

I have a sample of GF 830, Slx, 3951ra proslide en route and hoping to test 1105 as well. I'm tired of dealing with issues with ij180.

Does anyone have a go to test panel for wrap media? I was thinking a corrugated steel panel and test each gap with varying degrees of stretch according to how much you bridge the recessed area. Put them out to bake for a few years and see what happens...

signheremd

I have a sample of GF 830, Slx, 3951ra proslide en route and hoping to test 1105 as well. I'm tired of dealing with issues with ij180.

Does anyone have a go to test panel for wrap media? I was thinking a corrugated steel panel and test each gap with varying degrees of stretch according to how much you bridge the recessed area. Put them out to bake for a few years and see what happens...
Keep in mind GF830 is meant to be a cold stretch with a post form heat.