• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Website design plugins?

DaveD

I would like to integrate a design feature into the new website I'm building for the business. Are there any recommendations that you all have? I've see Realtime Designer, and InkXE online but haven't requested a demo yet. The other option is to hire someone to code it for me. Thanks for the help and advice.

JPR-5690

I spent a while researching this because we’re redoing our website as well.

We ended up going with an e-commerce platform that was specifically built for printers and it includes a personalization module.

Some of the other ones I was looking into were PitchPrint (plug-in for Wordpress sites) and Chili Publisher (good but very expensive).

There’s also HP’s Application Center, which used to be called Wall Art Suite, but it’s only for wide format and can’t really be used in conjunction with other platforms so it didn’t work out for us. Hopefully we’ll get to the point where we can have a dedicated website for wide format so that we can use HPs platform because I thought it was really, really nice.

IsItFasst

After years of research I tried using InkXE as I found it the most robust and user friendly at the time several years ago. But they couldn't get the pricing structure I wanted (years ago anyway). I was running OpenCart and was able to use a plug in for the pricing I wanted but InkXE had no answers on how to get it integrated into their system so I bailed. Still may try and give it a shot in the future but just got so frustrated with them I had to walk away.

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
I spent a while researching this because we’re redoing our website as well.

We ended up going with an e-commerce platform that was specifically built for printers and it includes a personalization module.

Some of the other ones I was looking into were PitchPrint (plug-in for Wordpress sites) and Chili Publisher (good but very expensive).

There’s also HP’s Application Center, which used to be called Wall Art Suite, but it’s only for wide format and can’t really be used in conjunction with other platforms so it didn’t work out for us. Hopefully we’ll get to the point where we can have a dedicated website for wide format so that we can use HPs platform because I thought it was really, really nice.

Which e-commerce platform did you end up using?

MercBlue

I had a web dev create a Spotify site for us and integrated Pitchprint. I definitely don't use Pitchprint to its fullest extent, but the devs are constantly upgrading its functionality. However, it isn't for the faint of heart, and has a steep learning curve if you aren't using it constantly.

JPR-5690

Which e-commerce platform did you end up using?

Seconding this question ? Am curious as I've just started looking at the options myself for my site

We went with a platform called Pressero, by Aleyant Software. We needed something that could handle digital sheetfed and offset production as well as wide format without needing to have developers on staff and Pressero was super versatile and is designed to be (relatively) easy to set up and affordable.

We just started with development and after having to furlough half our staff it's been slow progress but I'm happy to give feedback once I actually have some experience with it.