• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Weird clicking sounds VP300

unmateria

I would look for ink tubes. If you replace them and leave them too short or too long sounds something like that always in the same spot. Look for linear guide too, but i doubt is that.

rjssigns

On my 540V the clicking sound was coming from the spit pad cover. Removed it and silence.
It could also come from the ribbon cables if a fastener or two came loose.

Terry01

Ribbon cables as mentioned by rjssigns. The two clear strips that protect the cables catch the edge of the supprt panel they lay in.

Tranalexander

On my 540V the clicking sound was coming from the spit pad cover. Removed it and silence.
It could also come from the ribbon cables if a fastener or two came loose.
Would I be looking at the ribbon cables on the print head or somewhere above the encoder strip?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Yeah sounds like the trailing cables/plastic guards slapping down to me. They tend to get like that in old age. Sometimes ink builds up on the plastic too which causes them to stick and not move smoothly. You can clean them with alcohol.

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
I was getting a clicking grinding sound from my Roland XR640, I checked everything, still made noise and got multiple head separations.
Cleaned and lubricated the rail the head assembly slides on and everything is quiet and running smooth.