• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Weird Epson behavior.....

mpn

Any thoughts on this one? Cannot have this going into a busy weekend :banghead:

Epson GS 6000 running Colorburst

This started towards the end of this print. It did this one other time yesterday but at the start of the print. 2 times total so far....

Attachments

• 20140404_162626.jpg
    20140404_162626.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 166

mpn

Rotated the image and still did it at the 6' mark. 25% size does not do this, then enlarged in the rip and this happens. :banghead::banghead:

Attachments

• 20140404_194302.jpg
    20140404_194302.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 139
  • 20140404_194314.jpg
    20140404_194314.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 125

Dogvan

I've had weird dropouts with Colorburst on the GS6000 - usually truncations and not corruption like that. In my case it was usually the eps file boundaries being smaller than all the objects it contains. I've had some similar issues with Onyx and the S70, but it was because I had downloaded a profile for the wrong RIP version. But to rectify that I had to reinstall the software, not just delete the printer.

mpn

I'm not sure what fixed it, but we cleaned the encoder strip, re-installed the rip, new usb cord etc. Also cooled off the shop with the a/c because the static seemed high. Job was completed on time.

Attachments

• 20140409_160737.jpg
    20140409_160737.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 109

Mark Monterey

Epson gs 6000 no ink coming out

We have a gs6000 and the head moves across the path but no ink comes out. Even during a nozzle check.
We replaced the main board- same problem.
Although we did an unexplained shutdown during the firmware update, the machine did turn back on and allow us to complete the setup, initial flag charge etc.
Still no ink thru the heads.
We then changed both heads, valves and wiper, but still have the same issue.
We are now trying to change a sub board that attached to the to of the carriage, on top of the heads.
Also wonder what the symptoms of the ink valve solenoid going out would be.
Epson is no help, Decision One is even less help.
CAN SOMEONE HELP US.

mpn

We have a gs6000 and the head moves across the path but no ink comes out. Even during a nozzle check.
We replaced the main board- same problem.
Although we did an unexplained shutdown during the firmware update, the machine did turn back on and allow us to complete the setup, initial flag charge etc.
Still no ink thru the heads.
We then changed both heads, valves and wiper, but still have the same issue.
We are now trying to change a sub board that attached to the to of the carriage, on top of the heads.
Also wonder what the symptoms of the ink valve solenoid going out would be.
Epson is no help, Decision One is even less help.
CAN SOMEONE HELP US.

A new thread might help. This one is 2 years old.
Our problem was a static issue combined with a bad usb cord.