• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Weird illustrator problem

petepaz

Weird illustrator problem<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
This is a new one never saw this before<o:p></o:p>
Running cs (it’s one of the older computers and haven’t updated it yet it’s next on the list especially since the last couple of updates you can only get 2 down loads per disk)<o:p></o:p>
Anyway when ever I open a file I can not move the artwork<o:p></o:p>
It will let me click/select the item by no movement allowed<o:p></o:p>
Nothing is showing up locked and when I try to move using the arrow keys I get a message <o:p></o:p>
Can not perform this action and it crashes <o:p></o:p>
Everything else on the computer seems to be working ok<o:p></o:p>
I guess I will try to re-install and see what happens <o:p></o:p>
But if anyone has had this or a similar problem and can shed some light <o:p></o:p>
It would really be appreciated <o:p></o:p>

HaroldDesign

I would start with emptying your caches. I've had some odd problems once in a while, and a lot of times this did the trick.

beermonster

had this too

trash the prefs and reboot - no need for fresh install - thats a route taken too soon/easily

if the file is a legacy file you may need to use the expand feature, and expand strokes and fills