• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Well deserved at-a-boy!

phototec

Most of the time these days I find myself complaining about the poor customer service I get when I call technical support, if any of you remember a post I placed last September about problems I had with Flexi Pro 8.6, after installing the software, when it was launched, Flexi Pro would lock up (freeze).

I asked for help here on 101, and Techman came to my rescue, but at the same time I called the SAi 800 number and sent them a email regarding the Flexi Pro 8.6 freezing on launch. Well, I never ever received a return call from them or any reply to my email, I was very disappointed in them for not replying to my requests for help.

Last Thursday I was attending the NBM show in Austin and stopped by the SAi booth and met Stephanie Stamm, a marketing manager with SAi. I told her about my problem and explained I was very un-happy with their support, Stephanie took my name and number and said when she got back to the office, she would have someone contact me and resolve my problem.

Well you know how that works, I really didn't expect much. Then yesterday out of the blue, I received a call from Dwight at SAi, he was very eager to help me get to the bottom of the issues I was having. I mentioned that I use the OnOne plug-ins for Photoshop and I thought that may have something to do with my problem. Dwight said, the OnOne plug-ins are a known issue with Flexi and he would to take control of my computer and he would fix the problem.

I had previously purchased the Flexi Pro 10 upgrade, however I had not installed the software yet, Dwight said, no problem, he would install the latest 10.2 version on my computer, which he did and then he opened both my 8.6 and the newly installed 10.2 upgrade and made fixes to both applications, so Flexi Pro would launch correctly and work, as well as Photoshop would be able to find it's plug-ins, including the OnOne Plug-in suite 5.5.

Dwight did everything for me as I watched my cursor moving around the screen, he installed the new Flexi Pro 10.2, and verified that everything was working ok. His attitude was great, he was very professional, he was very knowledgeable about Flexi Pro and the issues I was having and and explained why non-Adobe plug-ins cause problems, he even took the time to set-up my printer and cutter preferences in Print Manager.

I can truly say it was most comforting, and one of the best on-line technical help events I have experienced in a long, long time.

As I said in the beginning, we do a lot of complaining about poor service, and I just wanted to give an At-A-Boy to Dwight at SAi for his help yesterday, and to Stephanie Stamm for making the follow-up a reality!

http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70740&highlight=Flexi+8.6+upgrade+-working

:thankyou: :U Rock:

Mainframe

I did some beta testing for Sai & they "took over"my machine once! -I admit it is quite freeky! watching the cursor bounce around by itself!- glad you got it straightened out, Flexi is nice when it is running well. But it is tough on a person when it is not. I have had good feedback from them for a lot of years.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
It would be great if either you or SAi would post exactly how to straighten out the conflict with OnOne plugins. We were just discussing that yesterday in this thread.

SignBurst PCs

Phototec, It was nice meeting you at the show. I am glad that Steph and Dwight got you (or at least your computer) straightened out!

phototec

It would be great if either you or SAi would post exactly how to straighten out the conflict with OnOne plugins. We were just discussing that yesterday in this thread.

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Fred, That's a good idea, however, Dwight (SAi) did all the fixing on my computer remotely, he did say something about re-naming the plug-in folder in Flexi Pro, but I'm not really sure how or what changes he made, he was doing things very fast.[/FONT]

Dwight, said he was very familiar with the OnOne plug-in issue, however, he said he had received only four other complaints about this issue. I mentioned to him, that folks were just discussing it on Signs101 the other day.

I don't have a direct email address for Dwight, but I will send a email to Stephanie Stamm at SAi, asking her to forward this request for information to Dwight at SAi.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Thanks for that. I was one of the four known issues and was told that my disabling of the plugins in Flexi was the only solution they knew of at the time.

CheapVehicleWrap

It's SO nice when a developer stands behind their product and you actually find a knowledgeable tech. I've had it happen a few times myself.

phototec

Thanks for that. I was one of the four known issues and was told that my disabling of the plugins in Flexi was the only solution they knew of at the time.

Fred, I think that may be all that Dwight did to fix the OnOne plug-in issue in both my Flexi Pro 8.6 and 10.2 version?