• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help What a trotec speedy 300 60w worth?

bigben

I've got an opportunity to buy a trotec speedy 300 60w that is around 3 years old. Since I've never operate or own a laser, I was wondering what it could worth to see if his pricing is good.

He is also selling his business. It was a part time job and I would consider to get his customer. He is asking for a year worth of selling that is around 25k. Is it too much?

rossmosh

Brand new the machine is about $22k I believe. Normally the best way to value a laser is to take the price to buy it new and then subtract the costs of the normal maintenance items. That would probably be around $3-5k. There's a machine on eBay right now to give you a baseline for pricing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/TROTEC-SPE...tec+speedy&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313

As for the business, without knowing more, it's hard to value the business. They could be doing $25k of high profit margin work or they could be making low profits. More details would be necessary to give you really good feedback. Knowing the industry pretty well, I would think $25k for his customer list and files seems awful steep. I would think $20k for the customer list, whatever material/supplies they have, and the machine is closer to the right value.

bigben

Brand new the machine is about $22k I believe. Normally the best way to value a laser is to take the price to buy it new and then subtract the costs of the normal maintenance items. That would probably be around $3-5k. There's a machine on eBay right now to give you a baseline for pricing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/TROTEC-SPEEDY-300-60WATT/173353946017?hash=item285cb34ba1:g:eek:gkAAOSwtPNbGEfs&_sacat=0&_nkw=trotec+speedy&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313

As for the business, without knowing more, it's hard to value the business. They could be doing $25k of high profit margin work or they could be making low profits. More details would be necessary to give you really good feedback. Knowing the industry pretty well, I would think $25k for his customer list and files seems awful steep. I would think $20k for the customer list, whatever material/supplies they have, and the machine is closer to the right value.

Thanks for the information.

we sold the exact same machine about 3 years ago to someone for $19,000 CAD

I'm in canada too and they are asking for 13k$ CND

CanuckSigns

find out how many hours are on the machine and if the tube has been replaced, Trotec's are solid work horses (we have 2) If you are serious, find out how much trotec would charge to inspect the machine at the sellers shop before you buy, might save you some headaches