• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What am I missing? Adjusting SP-300V

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys, I'm a little stumped here and was hoping you could shed some light for me. I just had the black printhead replaced on the old workhorse and now my accuracy is suffering. It seems like normally after the tech leaves, I need to adjust the Bi-Directional adjustment for perfection instead of good enough, but this time it looks good on the test but not on the print. I'm afraid my picture isn't doing it justice, but basically the prints aren't to my satisfaction. I thought the test looked good, but the prints are off. The letters you are looking at are just under an inch for reference.

Attachments

• Resized_20210524_235959.jpeg
    Resized_20210524_235959.jpeg
    723.9 KB · Views: 187
  • Resized_20210525_000043.jpeg
    Resized_20210525_000043.jpeg
    116.1 KB · Views: 110
  • Resized_20210525_000119.jpeg
    Resized_20210525_000119.jpeg
    846.1 KB · Views: 118

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Even that bi-dir adjustment is clearly off but I recon the tech did a bad job doing the main adjustment and it needs to be re-done. The whole thing, from the start, in the service menu.
You could post nozzle print, see how that looks.

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
Even that bi-dir adjustment is clearly off but I recon the tech did a bad job doing the main adjustment and it needs to be re-done. The whole thing, from the start, in the service menu.
You could post nozzle print, see how that looks.

Post a nozzle check. I bet the physical head alignments are out of wack.
I see that they are off, but I figured they were in the ball park enough not to be so drastic. I have done bi-dir from the service menu before, but it has been years. If I am doing a physical adjustment, I will pretty much have to restart the adjustment afterwards won't I? I have never physically moved a head.

Attachments

• Resized_20210526_095843.jpeg
    Resized_20210526_095843.jpeg
    740.2 KB · Views: 102

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
Yeah it's physically skewed. And yes, you have to do all the adjustments again after you move the heads.

Thank you for the quick response! Is moving a head difficult? Please don't blast me, but is there a tutorial out there for doing this?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
It's described in the service manual.
And in my opinion it's not hard. You just need to be calm and do very small minimalistic movements. Eventually you will get it spot on.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It's not too hard as mentioned above. If you find the adjustments aren't changing anything even though you are turning the screws, make sure the area where the head sits is nice and clean. Ink tends to build up between the carriage and the head bracket and it acts like glue.

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
Where can I find a service manual? I thought I had downloaded one from these very site many moons ago, but that was a computer crash ago and I just did a search and came up with zilch.

Last edited: