• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What brand of vinyl do you use?

What vinyl do you use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MAB SIGNS

Those of you using FDC do realize they're a converter right? I believe they convert 3M for most and they have a warehouse in South Bend area. I heard the shinerite was decent, not tried it yet. I've always liked avery and 3M and some colors of Oracal. My favorite color is a MacMark Electric Blue, I don't know much about Mactac products otherwise.

Dane DeFord

I was using Avery, went to Oracal 651 & 851, have been recently working with General Formulations. The GF weeds incredibly well. It's supposed to be the Amercan version of the Oracal 651 and it's made in Michigan. And, I gotta support Michigan industries.

WVB

We use Oracal 651, 751c and 851. Also we use FDC, several brands make vinyl for FDC. I think Oracal is one due to the blue backing on the paper with all whites. You have to order 102 instead of 02 for the blue backing JFYI.

Mardi

Oracal 90% of the time. The best for the money. For lower budget projects, Shineright is excellent.

MAB SIGNS

Still using Avery although I'm more interested in Oracal after seeing everyones comments on it, we have had some Oracal in the shop and I like what I've used. When ordering vinyl they keep asking me if I want punched and I tell them to never punch me. Sheesh, who needs threatened with violence when placing an order. <cough>

Kysparky

was using Glosstech from SSK but that's out now. I think it is made by General Formulations and Earl Mich sells its home brand under the label of EMC 500. Going to see if it is the same stuff. They list General Formulations as the ones that make it. Hope so. It weeds very well and is easy to work with. Tried LG Visuan from Signwarehouse but it is very hard to weed. Reminds me of Avery. Oracal is not bad eithewr. I guess the best vinyl is what works best for you.