• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

DominicM

Hello, I have a Mimaki Cjv150-130. Looking to get a new printer, but only had this printer, so I don't know if I should stick with Mimaki or to another brand printer.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Are you going to get training and support with the new printer?
What is it you produce, and why do you need a new printer?

DominicM

Are you going to get training and support with the new printer?
What is it you produce, and why do you need a new printer?
Yes, I'll get training with the new printer. I produce a lot of things from signs, stickers, etc. I basically got this printer with no prior knowledge or training so all I could do is learn myself and didn't get all the programs I needed. My printer is now having a print head issue I believe, but I would still like to get a new printer with training involved.

brdesign

Each brand has it's pros and cons, what are some of the things you like and don't like about your current printer. Having someone close by to support whatever brand you choose is a HUGE benefit.
Personally I've always great experiences with Mimaki equipment, it was my first choice when I finally got purchase my own printer a few months ago. I got the CJV-150 model.

DominicM

Each brand has it's pros and cons, what are some of the things you like and don't like about your current printer. Having someone close by to support whatever brand you choose is a HUGE benefit.
Personally I've always great experiences with Mimaki equipment, it was my first choice when I finally got purchase my own printer a few months ago. I got the CJV-150 model.
The only thing I don't like about my printer is how expensive the parts are, but I got it from someone that used it before me so it wasn't at peak condition. Im looking at getting a ujv100-160 printer do you recommend that?

Mobby

Hello, I have a Mimaki Cjv150-130. Looking to get a new printer, but only had this printer, so I don't know if I should stick with Mimaki or to another brand printer.
Get a HP latex. Easy to maintain yourself. Heads are about $80.00. Couple it with a HP (Graphtec) similar width printer.

Ronny Axelsson

HP Latex printers are nice, but be aware that print quality (details) may not be up to par with a solvent printer, and that the material will be exposed to a lot more heat when curing, so it may not be the best solution in all cases.
Heads are about $80.00.
True that they are cheap(er) but note that they are consumables and that there are six heads (at least on my HP 365) that need to be replaced.
Good thing is that if one head goes bad you only have to replace that one, and it is very easy to do.

APCInk

Merchant Member
The only thing I don't like about my printer is how expensive the parts are, but I got it from someone that used it before me so it wasn't at peak condition. Im looking at getting a ujv100-160 printer do you recommend that?
The UJV100 is a great printer with a great warranty. Gives you many options of what you can print on and you don't have to worry about media being heat sensitive.

CC-CMYK

We just received our Epson r5070. It seems good so far. Been about a week but we’ve done 4 small murals with it. We got it primarily for that. Seems to have rich color and fine detail compared to our HP Latexes. Idk about stickers or smaller prints. I personally would like to get an Epson s80600 to complement the r5070 and my HPs. R5070 for murals, HP for banners/ fabrics, s8060 for stickers, labels, and things that need precise color.
Get a HP latex. Easy to maintain yourself. Heads are about $80.00. Couple it with a HP (Graphtec) similar width printer.
Heads are closer to $145 a piece and need to be changed out often.

Last edited:

DecoW24

If you have a reliable MIMAKI dealer then the UJV100 model is a good choice, we have had this printer for almost 2 years and have reprinted 25000m2 print mainly wallpaper, posters and stickers. Before buying, we thoroughly checked various printers under Epson R5010L, Epson S80610L, Canon Colorado 1650/1630, in addition, countless Chinese machines on Ricoh 5Gen and 6Gen heads.
UJV100 won unquestionably due to the cost of purchase, average ink consumption, power consumption averaged 22 kWh per month, print quality.

But, of course, it all depends on what the machine is to be used for.