• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What cause this on perforated laminate

msenjur

Hello!

i have been looking around some car that i have done 1 year ago, and i noticed so problems on lamination on perforated vinyl. I use oracal perforated vinyl and lamination.

So, as you can see on pictures, laminaton cracs over holes in vinyl... or in some holes there is some mouisture in it...

so, what is this? material failure on my installation failure?

20201211_113000.jpg 20201211_112949.jpg 20201211_112944.jpg

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
We usually see similar when clients don't listen to us and use high pressure water to wash the vehicle, blowing the laminate through the perforated holes.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Or they are using the rear windshield wiper? The laminate gets really brittle when it gets below freezing and anything like an ice scraper, car wash, or wipers will damage those holes.

Manufactures will give a 2-year max warranty on top of the line perf, but a typical warranty is a year. Clients need to hear the limitations of the perf upfront or you will get bombarded with complaints. They also need to know that how they care for the wrap will have the biggest impact on longevity.