• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What cleaning solution to use for sublimation ink?

drizom

Hi guys,

My family just started this business on sublimation printing to print sublimated jerseys. They bought the JV33 -160 printer. I am wondering what type of cleaning solution could help the clean the printer head. I am guessing is using Isopropyl alcohol? am i right? because i am having hard-time getting to know what type of chemical compound in the cleaning solution provided by the supplier since it did not have any label.

Any of you guys can help tell me the type of cleaning solution that it is sold in the market to clean sublimation ink ...

Last edited:

brightbanner

i like vivid color
It is new JV33 or used JV33?
If new JV33, clear dye sublimation ink, can be use purified water or the professional clear solution from your ink supplier.
Never use alcohol !

Brent

WalkerP

Yes, never use IPA. It will dry out any seals/gaskets/orings.

Ask the ink supplier. Some recommend 50/50 DI H2O/simple green, others 50/50 DI H2O/windex. I recommend the clear version of either solution. A little more difficult to find, but worth the trouble.