• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What Da Heck Is This Font

OldPaint

i dont have a problem with fonts for the most part..but this one got me diggin my A** !!!! i got it somewhere ive used it before, but just cant put my finger on it...and i nheed it NOW....it an old one......the word SPEEDWAY in this bitmap............or you can see it here http://www.flomatonspeedway.com

Attachments

• flomaton_logo.jpg
    flomaton_logo.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 206

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
The font looks a bit like Letraset Laser -but with a few key changes.

My guess is the script started out as hand lettered glyphs, was scanned into digital form and then manually digitized. I've made a good number of logotypes using hand-drawn and vectorized letters -rather than using "OPF."

"OPF" is a term I first noticed in a Leslie Cabarga's Logo Font and Lettering Bible. Simply put, it means "other people's fonts."

OldPaint

HAHAHAHAAH hsg...i know the feelin, shoveled coal for most of my 30 years in PA....dad was a coal miner, mom was a coalminers daughter, whole family was into coal mines and unions...from 1900's till 1950.... i was lucky ...i went to the STEEL MILL ...oh joy....still miss the smell of sulfur in the morin when dad would load up that old 27" monster coal furnace in the cellar and it was only "gravity feed heat".....in a house with no insulation........
anyway ..the font apperently is "hand drawn" scanned and put into a bitmap. but i got done....i got a vector of the logo with all the cut-thrus so i can cut the vinyl for him to stick on the plexi......did it all in my trusty corel.....

H

HSG

I'm originally from the Williamsport area. No coal there. My Ex demanded I move with him to his hometown of Shamokin, 24 years ago. We have the largest culm bank in the world according to the Guinness book of world records. They are making great progress in hauling it away to be burnt in the Cogens. Unfortunately, it's right behind our place of buisness. I'm allergic to the dust. I have the pleasure of having an Alaska Stoker Stove in the garage part of the shop. Although this year, I might be glad it's there. Coal is much cheaper than anything else right now.

HSG

OldPaint

we used to pay $7 a ton for coal!!!!!!!!!!!!! i wont tell ya what year that was.................hehehehehehehe

OldPaint

man we used to go thru 10-15 ton a winter......but we had a 4 story house that was 30' x 50' for 3 storys...and the upstairs was 30x 35'. 3rd floor was a bar, kitchen and living room.