• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What do you need in designs??

Custom_Grafx

Design files is one thing, production files are another. Personally, I have more of a need for production files rather than design files.

10 jobs during the day, add up. Simple things, clean up cut lines, make sure colour modes/profiles are right, is black black? PMS? CMYK? Bleed? Trim marks/crop marks, double cut lines? etc etc. They take like 10 minutes each job, sometimes longer, but they add up and at the end of the day cost you hours.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
The burning question no one has yet asked:
Are you Mac or Pc?

(time to run before Fred reads this)

MatthewTimothy

The burning question no one has yet asked:
Are you Mac or Pc?

(time to run before Fred reads this)

1. it doesnt matter if it was done in mac or pc if the design is done right. Sorry, thats a noob design error.

Let's be "politically correct" as they are all personal computers ;)

Mac or Windows ... or Linux :)

BUT yes i run all three, only reason why i run a MAC is for rip to access special MAC fonts.

MatthewTimothy

I need designers for everything honestly. My reviews on here of a lot of my design work have been far from stellar and frankly I don't have the time to deal with a lot of it & produce quality.

What kind of rates would you be looking for? Would have a flat rate pricing i.e. business cards will be X, postcards Y etc... or hourly?

If hourly will you be able to gauge an approximate ballpark figure before beginning a job? I would want a rough estimate of if its going to take you 3 hours or 1 hour before I awarded a job to make sure I can stay in budget.

i have a different hourly rate for sub contract work for companies that go through me on a regular basis. You will be given a login with a list of forms to fill out for designs that will give you an auto-calculate price range for designs. It will also allow for wholesale clients to upload to an FTP so i can review. I only offer wholesale accounts to clients that i have already done an X amount of work for.

MatthewTimothy

GREAT point.

I get supplied "art" all the time....even if it is coming from a "designer" the pre-flight still eats up time.

oh i remember when i was doing preflight for a buddy at a local print shop and a designer sent my a rack card in black RGB. I told her we couldnt make a plate from this and she didnt see why not.. :banghead: