• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what do you think of this match?

bigben

Epson GS6000 + Graphtec FC8000 + Royal laminator= good or not?

I will use the ColorBurst rip that comme with the epson + I will ad the cut option for the graphtec.

So, what do you think?

astro8

Epson GS6000 + Graphtec FC8000 + Royal laminator= good or not?

I will use the ColorBurst rip that comme with the epson + I will ad the cut option for the graphtec.

So, what do you think?

Pretty good! We have a ErgoRip, Summa 160 and GBC dual heat along with the GS6000's but more or less similiar setup as what you've described and are very happy with it.

I've seen the output from Colorburst and looks pretty good to me.

A heated top roller in the laminator is all I could suggest as it really does help on some lam jobs.

Mosh

We have roland and seal. guess we cut out having to get one peice of equipment.
We run 3 540's and one 300 and have 2 seal lams. Can't see why people get seperate cutters and printers.

bigben

ok, so witch one would you take and why?

1- Espson gs6000 + graphtec fc8000 + royal laminator

2- Roland vs640 + royal laminator

-I know the epson will give me a better print quality, the ink is less expensive and more environmental friendly (this is a REALY good thing for my custumers). And I like the idea of a separate cutter. So I can print, lam then cut without stop the the print production.

-The Roland seems to have a better built, The white and silver ink will put me above my competition. I think I can use the silver ink practically everyday.

So what do you think.

luggnut

ok, so witch one would you take and why?

1- Espson gs6000 + graphtec fc8000 + royal laminator

2- Roland vs640 + royal laminator

-I know the epson will give me a better print quality, the ink is less expensive and more environmental friendly (this is a REALY good thing for my custumers). And I like the idea of a separate cutter. So I can print, lam then cut without stop the the print production.

-The Roland seems to have a better built, The white and silver ink will put me above my competition. I think I can use the silver ink practically everyday.

So what do you think.

i got seperate printer and cutter ... and wouldn't have any other way. i can still cut vinyl will printing ... so if i got a 20 ft banner printing and need to cut letters for another sign i can while its printing.

does the vs640 have the built in cutter?

and white ink has previously been a nightmare for inkjets so be warned this could be improved or could suck... metallics are still too new to have a lot of real world feed back on how well they work, but would be cool if it works without a daily hassle.

mac_man_luke

i got seperate printer and cutter ... and wouldn't have any other way. i can still cut vinyl will printing ... so if i got a 20 ft banner printing and need to cut letters for another sign i can while its printing.

does the vs640 have the built in cutter?

and white ink has previously been a nightmare for inkjets so be warned this could be improved or could suck... metallics are still too new to have a lot of real world feed back on how well they work, but would be cool if it works without a daily hassle.

VS640 has a cutter

The white ink problem is mostly sorted because it recirculates preventing the lines from clogging - same with the metallic

IMO id go the roland - more versatile

zambussi

I would suggest the Roland. The metallic ink gives you entrance into a whole new developing market (even if the print speed with metallics is dead slow). Also Roland seems to have an edge on Epson in the signmaking market.

bigben

I would suggest the Roland. The metallic ink gives you entrance into a whole new developing market (even if the print speed with metallics is dead slow). Also Roland seems to have an edge on Epson in the signmaking market.

I've made some research recently and saw some demo of both machine.
-Epson have, by far, a better print quality than the vs-640.
-The ink droplet in epson is around half the size of the roland.
-The ink of the epson is cheaper. Even with the 8 colours.
-epson use 990ml cartridge and roland 440ml.
-newer printhead on the epson. (roland use epson printhead)
-The epson have a take-up real, the roland is sold separately.
-with my areage of sqft per month, if I don't use the white and silver, the roland will cost me around 70$ in white and silver into waste.
-the silver ink cost around 1$ per sqft
-I like the idea of a separate cutter.
-with Roland, on glossy vinyl, the silver ink fade out when you pass your finger on it. So you have to laminate everything.

the price I can have here for roland vs-640 + take-up and epson gs6000 + graphtec FC-8000-160= epson is 2k over roland.

I did'nt make my mind yet, but I think you can tell me where I go...