• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What do you use for email?

WildWestDesigns

Thanks for all the replies. I am going to stick around after work and try to switch over to gmail for business. I just want to be able to see email on my iphone, or my computer at home, as well as work. As long as each has all of the emails that I have received and sent, I will be happy. Been using gmail for my personal account for years and have not had any problems.

I've just been testing the new IMAP setting for my business email. Works good on all the devices. Sent and received, no matter the device. My office computer, the shop computer (running linux), and my droid phone all read the same thing. I guess I just like using email clients versus using the web browser.

showcase 66

That's not the issue, it never marked the mail as new when my customer replied to it, the reply was there, but it wasn't hilighted and it was mixed in with my other read mail.

I get that every once in a while. Usually when I am looking at an email on my phone and another comes in at the same time. I cant see it on there.

The biggest problem I have is, when I see an email while I am out, I usually forget about it when I get back to the office. I also forget to recheck my emails on my computer. Usually I get the ding on my phone and read it quickly or delete it for crap and then dont check the computer.

royster13

What is the difference?....They look a little different but I think they function pretty much the same.....

CES020

Thanks for all the replies. I am going to stick around after work and try to switch over to gmail for business. I just want to be able to see email on my iphone, or my computer at home, as well as work. As long as each has all of the emails that I have received and sent, I will be happy. Been using gmail for my personal account for years and have not had any problems.

Why would you need to switch anything? You iPhone will access anything you want. I can access any email account.

Sounds like you don't need google business, you need to set your mail up on your iPhone. It's dead simple and works just fine, whether it's IMAP or POP3. Doesn't matter, all of them work.

Nothing needed at all. No additional accounts, no nothing.

royster13

Why would you need to switch anything? You iPhone will access anything you want. I can access any email account.

Sounds like you don't need google business, you need to set your mail up on your iPhone. It's dead simple and works just fine, whether it's IMAP or POP3. Doesn't matter, all of them work.

Nothing needed at all. No additional accounts, no nothing.

So will you still have access to your email if you are on another computer?...

CES020

If you set your email as IMAP you can.

I have an IMAP account on one email. I open the email on my desktop, my laptop, and my phone. Same emails on all devices.

TheSnowman

I have IMAP on my iPhone, Mac, PC, Laptop, iPad, and Gmail, and love it. It's just my email through my business website, put to IMAP. It's sweet. Anything sent or received through any of those devices, is all there on all the other devices.

Ditchmiester

We currently use Rackspace to host our business email. It works great and you only pay for the amount of email addresses you need. and its all month to month with no contracts. Also because I'm set up as IMAP even if I'm on a computer that I don't have an email client set up on I can check their webmail client and everything will be there because that is where all of the email is stored.

royster13

If you set your email as IMAP you can.

I have an IMAP account on one email. I open the email on my desktop, my laptop, and my phone. Same emails on all devices.

So are all your sent emails, contacts, attachments, etc. aggregated and stored somewhere?....Is an email sent on 1 computer available on another?...

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
So are all your sent emails, contacts, attachments, etc. aggregated and stored somewhere?....Is an email sent on 1 computer available on another?...

Yes. With IMAP.

------------------------------

I have 2 gmail accounts besides my personal and business emails. Since I got Thunderbird a couple (three?) years ago and figured out that I can connect to the gmail accounts via IMAP with Thunderbird, I don't think I have actually logged into either of my gmail accounts using a browser more than once or twice a year.

Another nice thing is that, with Thunderbird, you can simply drag messages from one account to the other, whether it be IMAP or POP3 accounts.

WildWestDesigns

Yes. With IMAP.

------------------------------

I have 2 gmail accounts besides my personal and business emails. Since I got Thunderbird a couple (three?) years ago and figured out that I can connect to the gmail accounts via IMAP with Thunderbird, I don't think I have actually logged into either of my gmail accounts using a browser more than once or twice a year.

Another nice thing is that, with Thunderbird, you can simply drag messages from one account to the other, whether it be IMAP or POP3 accounts.

You can do the same thing with Outlook. I like Thunderbird more the Outlook as an interface, but the PDF Maker Plugin that I use for archiving my email doesn't work with Thunderbird and there isn't, to my knowledge, a program for Thunderbird that works like that plugin. So on the computer that I archive my messages on before I store them, I keep Outlook on it and just use Thunderbird on the other computers.