• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What do you wish you would have known when you first started screen printing?

ProWraps

get used to doing 1 color volleyball team shirts for $99/dozen. better start trying to steal all your high schools business from the other guy that is currently doing them.

Suz

Mr. Butto,
I know this is an older post, but you made me giggle. Silkscreaming, right on the money!!! LOL! I say don't get "emulsional"... get it? An old screenprinter myself too!

Buy the best one man squeegee setup available, good frames like Newman or Diamond Chase, (do not know if they still make them since it has been awhile for me). Tension meter, and a good one point light system for exposure, gives better detail than multiple lamps causing sawtoothing. Use the direct film material which gives better detail than coated screens and read or find a good screening blog. The term is "silkscreaming" as you will find out.

trimitbyrich

I'm seriously considering it right now too. I have made some really good connections for supplying several sellers and am looking to purchase the equipment. According to this thread I shouldn't get into it? Is there no money in it? I get the subbing out thing but just wondered is it now worth it to get this going.

d fleming

I have been in the office two days in two weeks due to screen printing volume. All textile. Making good $$. I may just pull the trigger on a used semi auto for textiles and get the squeegee out of my old arthritic hands, lol.