• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What every Epson GS6000 Owner Should Know

WinGraphics

Premium Subscriber
Ok, picture this....it's Friday afternoon and the deadlines are piling up. I'm just starting to get to know my 3 month old gs6000 and becoming comfortable with it. I just started printing a small banner job and i noticed that there is a problem with the print so I hit the cancel button on the printer. For the rest of day and thru the weekend my Epson wont talk thru the network to any of my computers. I spent a few hours trying to track the problem down and around 6pm i finally gave up and decided to call customer service and see what's up. And of course it's Friday.

Sooo on Monday morning i called Epson.... here is what epson should communicate with EVERY user. When the machine glitches and stops talking to your network ***after you cancel a job***

1. restart the printer
2. restart the rip computer
3. do a nozzle check on the Epson

PROBLEM SOLVED.

Gee wiz...that was simple. Why didn't I think of that. :banghead:

WinGraphics

Premium Subscriber
I should mention the the reason i cancelled the print is that i made a mistake when i preflighted the file. It had nothing to do with the Epson itself. The action of cancelling the print caused the machine to glitch. Not the print itself.

kffernandez

ahhh. this happens to my roland SC-540 and Versaworks all the time. :) i think it's a RIP thing for the most part.

signswi

Could probably just restart the spool service in Windows, that's often the true culprit. Restart is just easier to tell people.

"Hello this is IT, have you tried turning it off and on again?"

astro8

Could probably just restart the spool service in Windows, that's often the true culprit. Restart is just easier to tell people.

No, doesn't work. I was told by Epson that the only way is to run the nozzle check, clears some buffer in the printer.

Freese

Yep, I have heard the same thing.

Apprantly sometimes the cache of the machine will freeze, and doing a test draw gets things moving again.