• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help What happened here?

deepblue

Going to be redoing this sign in a few days and I am just curious if anyone has had to deal with this before? If this just bad laminate? What happened here? It is vinyl on aluminum panels and we are in south Florida so it almost looks like it was burned from the heat of the panels? It is only 3 years old. Any insight helps thanks all image1.jpg

Phenex

When I originally looked at your thread - probably just after your post there was no image to see.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
For some brands of vinyl, 3 years is all you're gonna get..... with or without laminate. Inks are not paint.... and even paint doesn't weather all that well anymore, either.

You almost hafta be a weatherman to be in this industry and ask questions like, is your sign facing south, north, see the brunt of high winds, get hit with snowplow snow, get hit with salt............. this all has to be figured in, when considering the best approach these days. Signs are so sensitive to EVERYTHING, it's pathetic.

deepblue

Thanks for the insight all! I'm going to try and get the owner to switch to PvC also. I think it being on aluminum panels doesn't help either, and the sign does face sunset and is double sided. The other side doesn't have the UV burns.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the insight all! I'm going to try and get the owner to switch to PvC also. I think it being on aluminum panels doesn't help either, and the sign does face sunset and is double sided. The other side doesn't have the UV burns.
In your kinda heat, PVC will never work.