• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What inkset are you guys using?

johnnysigns

I'm running a bendable ink in our TempoQ that we've been reasonably happy with, but I'm curious what most of you guys are running in your presses.

Sericol/Fuji?
Nazdar?
OEM?

miker

Sold our original Tempo a year ago, but up until the end we were running the OEM ink (which was v3 from HP). Another option would be Polymeric Ink.

RoCo

Same here with my FB6100 (V3 from HP), but I've had both Fuji and Nazdar approach me about switching to their 3rd party brands. The Fuji ink (Color+) is supposed to have a wider gamut and use less ink but I think it's pretty much the same price as the HP OEM. I have my rep looking into it. He said they'll come in, do the entire ink switchout and if I don't like it come back and reload the HP stuff.

I said if it doesn't cost me less per liter, then it's going to be a hard sell. Telling me one liter of Color+ goes further / lasts longer than a liter of V3 is marketing. Save me money on the front end (by the liter) and I won't have to wonder if I'm really getting better ink mileage.

jnataros

this is a good topic.... Im curious what other people are using for UV inks... anyone have experience with the 3M Flexible inks? or other flexible inks?

Josh

Same here with my FB6100 (V3 from HP), but I've had both Fuji and Nazdar approach me about switching to their 3rd party brands. The Fuji ink (Color+) is supposed to have a wider gamut and use less ink but I think it's pretty much the same price as the HP OEM. I have my rep looking into it. He said they'll come in, do the entire ink switchout and if I don't like it come back and reload the HP stuff.

I said if it doesn't cost me less per liter, then it's going to be a hard sell. Telling me one liter of Color+ goes further / lasts longer than a liter of V3 is marketing. Save me money on the front end (by the liter) and I won't have to wonder if I'm really getting better ink mileage.

We have the color + uv in both Jetis. way better prints than sun ink. Wider gamut and about 40% less ink consumed No jet issues or performance problems. Good stuff..

Our Jeti contract with FF/Sericol is for 1100 liters annual @ $76.50 per liter.
I am sure pricing is all in line with volume... Was a no brainer for us.

Doing one QS2000 conversion as a beta for them in the next couple of weeks. If that goes smooth we will ink up all 3 QS 's with Sericol. All of our machines will then be Sericol ink with exception to the LX800...

Hope that helps...