• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question What is a good company to outsource custom ADA sign?

nolanola

We would like acrylic and for it to include braille. It has a custom shape and font and color.

Attachments

• IMG_5607 (1).jpg
    IMG_5607 (1).jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 184

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
Just curious, what equipment is it that you got to do those in house?
We have a Vision 16x24 engraver/router. It is a great little machine. We are hoping to upgrade to a laser for cutting the applique. That part can get a little slow with the Vision if you are trying to output dozens of signs per day.

GB2

Old Member
We have a Vision 16x24 engraver/router. It is a great little machine. We are hoping to upgrade to a laser for cutting the applique. That part can get a little slow with the Vision if you are trying to output dozens of signs per day.
Cool...I almost bought a Vision 2424 at an auction last week but I wasn't sure if the taller gantry version would be a better choice someday and I'm not really that familiar with them so I backed off. Also, I was reading somewhere that they are a little slow but that you could also use EnRoute to operate it, which would be good for me.

JB....that edge beveling is usually done manually I believe....very easy just slide the signs down the edge of a beveler. Maybe Zen can tell us if machine beveling is normally done too.

Actually I think I'm the one that derailed the thread....sorry....at least it keeps it active at the top of the list so hopefully someone can answer the OP.

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
Now I know you can cut the backers with a laser, but I didn't think you could cut the raised copy with one since it will burn/cut the background. That and the beveled edge that I always thought was a requirement. Reading through my handy sheet, it's not required, though particular measurements are take from the non beveled edge of the copy, leading one to assume that beveling is a standard.
The applique is cut separately, then premasked and applied to the backer. There has been much debate about the beveled edges, it does not seem to be a clear requirement.