• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is a good printer to print banners with?

I'm looking at getting a wide format printer to print banners. What is a good printer to do this? Are there different types of printable banner material? I know there are different types of ink. Is one better then the other. The banners would mostly be inside. Outside for one day for a golf outing. Do I need special a special program to be able to do this? I currently use WINpcSign PRO for my vinyl cutter.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
We need a "loaded question" emoji.
yes, yes and yes....

Have you done any forum research to educate yourself? Or... Any research of your own?

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Wait... Is this one of those click bait threads to get everyone arguing? ... Over banners, really?

ebneleni9

I'm looking at getting a wide format printer to print banners. What is a good printer to do this? Are there different types of printable banner material? I know there are different types of ink. Is one better then the other. The banners would mostly be inside. Outside for one day for a golf outing. Do I need special a special program to be able to do this? I currently use WINpcSign PRO for my vinyl cutter.
Faster turnaround with two rolls

The DesignJet Z5400 multi-roll printer efficiently produces high-quality, long-lasting prints—including posters, photos, canvases, backlit prints, indoor signs, line drawings, maps, and more. And with HP Instant Printing PRO you can quickly preview, crop, and print PDF, PostScript®, and HP-GL/2, TIFF, and JPEG files.

The HP DesignJet advantage

1. Line drawings and maps

2. Utilities and infrastructures

3. Backlit for Retail POP

4. Finishing large-format posters

5. Printing and assembling a roll-up banner stand

You can read more guide on Printer Guidlines

GC Decor

Super Printer
Banners are already done so cheap, really not worth the overall investment in my opinion.
So many other print materials that have way better margins.

Superior_Adam

If all your doing is banners I would sub them out. You can buy them finished for $1/sqft and at that cost its not worth printing in house.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
While subbing it out is probably the best advice in order to make money, buying a used ValueJet 1324 or JV33 might be worth it to learn the ropes and have the capability to expand your products. That is if you're looking to become a sign shop. If not, it's probably not worth it.