• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what is a price for a used bn-20

Biker Scout

Well, the new ones list at $8495. Not sure how much cheaper you want it? Plus only the newest ones can run the white ink option. To me that seems worth the price of admission, since it's really just a "Sticker Printer" at that size. I'm pretty sure they are still using the DX5 printhead, and while they are capable of printing real fine dots, they just aren't very robust in dealing with the solvent ink. If they ever ran that gooey metallic ink through there and didn't run a proper flush after they were done, you can bet it's got some nozzles that will never reach 100% again. I would rather not bother with a used machine and DX5 head. A new head alone costs around $900.

watchdaride

Well, the new ones list at $8495. Not sure how much cheaper you want it? Plus only the newest ones can run the white ink option. To me that seems worth the price of admission, since it's really just a "Sticker Printer" at that size. I'm pretty sure they are still using the DX5 printhead, and while they are capable of printing real fine dots, they just aren't very robust in dealing with the solvent ink. If they ever ran that gooey metallic ink through there and didn't run a proper flush after they were done, you can bet it's got some nozzles that will never reach 100% again. I would rather not bother with a used machine and DX5 head. A new head alone costs around $900.

thanks for the info . I thought any uprades to machine would have a change to the model # . My budget is around $7 K . So also looking to a used roland 30" . Its a side business to my window tint business doing graphic and striping in cars . Not doing signs . Want to start doing stuff like in the pic

IMG_2233.jpg

particleman

You would be better served by getting something like a CJV30-60. Much more production oriented machine and suited to something like the picture you posted. The BN-20 is horribly slow. A friend of mine just sold a nice CJV30 for below your budget, so they are out there.

Biker Scout

Well, based on your photo that's just a straight vinyl job. Would last longer and look better than printed vinyl.

But if that's your passion then don't sell yourself short. Get at least a 54" printer. There are oodles of them for $7k and less. And they are all fine machines with plenty of support and parts. BN-20... not so much.

LFC911

JFYI A new head on a BN20 lists for $2414

strypguy

I disagree on the size thing. IMHO, you can do a lot with a 30in printer if you are not into full wraps. I do a lot of vehicle lettering and some partial side wraps and my SP300V works just fine. You can probably find one in your budget. Just check it out really well before purchasing.

BTW, do you really need a printer? There are a lot of vinyl products that you can cut with your plotter that will look like the pic you attached. There's a learning process to digital printing as well as software etc. John

watchdaride

I disagree on the size thing. IMHO, you can do a lot with a 30in printer if you are not into full wraps. I do a lot of vehicle lettering and some partial side wraps and my SP300V works just fine. You can probably find one in your budget. Just check it out really well before purchasing.

BTW, do you really need a printer? There are a lot of vinyl products that you can cut with your plotter that will look like the pic you attached. There's a learning process to digital printing as well as software etc. John

Do they have vinyl with patterns on it ? I figure the print would make it more custom so i can charge more . Also need a smaller machine because of space available in my shop .

Robert M

Mutoh print cut

Rumor is Mutoh will introduce a small print cut at the Orlando show this week, may want to wait and see if and what they have.

Biker Scout

They already have, it's available through SignWarehouse right now, for less than $5k, including laminator and supplies.

Lucky Sky

tried to trade up from BN-20

About 6 months ago I tried to trade up using my 2 year old BN-20. My dealer offered $1200 for the $8500 retail priced machine. A little disappointing, but I understand. I've decided to keep it for now, but may try and sell it once my 64" upgrade arrives.