• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is a Z3100 good at?

sardocs

Hi guys. A friend just acquired a HP Designjet Z3100 for an unrefusable price. He has it set up and working. He is a very talented photographer and will be using it for his own prints. Anybody here have experience with these? Is it good for any signshopish printing tasks? I have an sp300 that I use for printing to vinyl, but I turn away paper jobs and any glicee type work 'cos I have had lousy results with paper and canvas. I just wondered if anybody here has one and what they use it to produce.

artbot

well, it's good at printing on photo papers, fine art papers. does great grayscale printing. even has a clear gloss cartridge that prints over certain area to eliminate bronzing. there's tons of discussion on the photography printing business on the luminous landscape website.

i'm wondering what price your friend paid. currently the z3100's i've seen commonly go for $700-900.

Jgentry

even has a clear gloss cartridge that prints over certain area to eliminate bronzing.

Bronzing or gloss differential?

The printer can also do canvas work and print on anything with an aqueous coating which includes coated vinyls from places like Lexjet.

VizualVoice

I just learned how to change my title status
BigFish has all kinds of cool media for it. I've used a ton of his WP matte adhesive vinyl with great results for displays, stickers, etc.