• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is going on with my Graphtec 8600-160?

I'm trying to cut a very simple file with lettering from Illustrator. Set to Rear 2. No matter what I do, when the file is sent the 8600 rolls out all 105", then rolls back about 1/2, then rolls back again to the end of the 105" --- and then just stops without cutting, but with 105" of media to manually roll back up. I've changed/recopied files and everything else I can think of. Should be such a basic task.

Has anyone run into this?

TIA!

Yes, we’ve been running other contour cut jobs with no problem. Actually the exact same thing happened a few months ago. I copied the image to a new Illustrator file and it worked. But I’ve tried that now again to no avail. Restarted programs, equipment, copied files, saved as both .ai and .pdf and bunch of other things. Nothing seems to work.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Thanks, just wanted to be sure. It does sound a bit like pre-feeding, however I'm not sure why it wouldn't cut the rest of the job once it checks media length and won't happen on other jobs.

Would it be possible to share the suspect file? I could try it on our 8600-160 to try rule out a machine issue.

netsol

How are you connected pic to plotter? USB? serial? Ethernet?
Windows 10 has been resetting "allow windows to turn off this port to save energy?" In device manager, choice your port, go properties, look for power management tab

rvolkers

make sure that you settings are correct (8600-160)
also make sure your media sizing is correct - DO NOT just use a roll setting - use the job setting size