• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is happening?? (picture inside)

Aklaim

So this has now happened 3 times. Seems like its about once a week, the top print was printed on Friday afternoon, the bottom just happened. Its a brand new 700 non white machine with less than 10 hours on it.

Attachments

• 69618895685__D6F8CEA8-7432-4FEA-97F2-B522837FC23A.jpg
    69618895685__D6F8CEA8-7432-4FEA-97F2-B522837FC23A.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 250

DChorbowski

Pixel Pusher
To me, it looks like your print got sucked up to the top of the curing module(theres fans up there that can create a vacuum i think) before the ink had any time to cure/dry. This caused it to smear on the curing module roof. You should be extending your print down past the curing module a few inches at a minimum before you start printing. They also sell a HP Latex 700/800 Media Loading Accessory (7HR19A) you can use to keep from wasting those two to two and a half feet of media.

Aklaim

I watched it print, it stayed flat through the entire print. I'm wondering if the heaters just aren't kicking on after it sits for a while. I did a full shutdown and restart and now its fine. Like I said, this has happened 3 times now, and its all after its sat over the weekend it seems like. I try to run that print once a day just to keep the lines and gears moving.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Is that plain digital printing vinyl or banner material ?? If either or, it looks like the totally wrong profile was used. Aren't those printers practically dry to touch once they come out ?? or supposed to be ??

Aklaim

Is that plain digital printing vinyl or banner material ?? If either or, it looks like the totally wrong profile was used. Aren't those printers practically dry to touch once they come out ?? or supposed to be ??
It's 3M IJ35c

balstestrat

Problem Solver
It's touching the the top of the heater, you can see it from the back if you want to.

The heaters air input sucks it up for a while and then when it becomes too heavy out front if will fall down.

Move the leading edge far out enough or do not move it at all before hitting print. I find both ways work however it is does vary significantly between materials.

RabidOne

As balstestrat said its pushing up against the heater after it prints. You need to attach it to the take up reel or if the print is short, attach a weight on the end of a strip of banner or some other material and tape it to the middle of your material. That will weigh it down enough to stop it pushing up going into the heater. That solution only works on our 800 with prints 20 ish inches or less.

cornholio

Typical problem seen with former Latex 3XX users, switching to Latex 700/800.
I always stress that point in the customer training.