• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is the best printer suited for printing labels?

NickW

Hi Guys,

Im new here from South Africa. I hope you will be able to assist with my question. What is the best printer for labels?

First let me give you a bit of a background story, im currently printing labels for a few customers using a Roland BN20 - it is at the point now where it runs almost 24/7. Unfortunately the speed is really slow so i am looking at different print options to basically increase capacity. The 2 printers ive looked into would be the Roland Sp300i and the Mimaki CJV30-60.

In your opinion, which one would be the better suited option for the job of printing and selling labels (for various products)

Ive also considered purchasing an Epson C7500 or the Memjet Afinia to be able to print labels on rolls. Any comments on which you would suggest? Wide format or roll printers?

Thanks in advance everyone :)

player

Would you ever want to print white ink on clear? I am not sure which models of Rolands do that, but it may be good to get a print cut with white...

NickW

Would you ever want to print white ink on clear? I am not sure which models of Rolands do that, but it may be good to get a print cut with white...

I would but i dont think my current demand vs the cost of running white/metallic is justifiable. Id rather stick to a cmyk format. The Memaki CJV30-60 has got an option to run the white/metallic inks but it slows the sprint speed down apparently to about half the time (Current CMYK setup is claimed at 17sqm/hr, so with white/metallic ink it will drop to about 8sqm/hr)