• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is the best reflective for printing?

onedge

www.bigdawgsigns.net
We have been using 3m 5100 series but if you have to remove it leaves nothing but glue. Just looking at options.

jfiscus

Rap Master
3M IJ680CR, the best reflective there is, but you pay for it. It is all we use here for printing.

LarryB

I like 3M5100 the best. Have tried Oracal reflective in the past but had problems with fading. No issues with 3M.

Signed Out

I like 3M5100 the best. Have tried Oracal reflective in the past but had problems with fading. No issues with 3M.

How long before you noticed fading? We've been using oracal 5600 and 5650 RA with good results and haven't noticed any fading in 5 years.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Fading will not really have anything to do with which material you use. That's going to be on your inks and laminate. Also have to agree - 3M 680CR. Ungodly expensive but hands down the best reflective for both ease of installing and later ease of removal.

reQ

I am using both, 680CR & 5650RA. Both print very nice & easy to install. For me, oracal is 300 dollars cheaper per 54" roll. Mainly using Oralite but if job spec is 3M, then im using 680CR

BmgFleetGraphics

3m ij680cr

We use 3M IJ680CR whenever we can. The cost is high but worth it. We have a customer who just HAD to have a partial wrap in reflective. 3M IJ680CR is the only material we would ever use for this...

reQ

We have a customer who just HAD to have a partial wrap in reflective. 3M IJ680CR is the only material we would ever use for this...

This one i did last year was done with 5650, never had a single issue with it during install.
attachment.php

Attachments

• pafd_truck1.jpg
    pafd_truck1.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 205

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
It was noted earlier that the print quality had more to do with the printer than it did with the vinyl. My 2 cents on that is I primarily use Oracal 5600, with great success, but the 5700 print nearly as well for me.