• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is the cause of this? Picture in Post

stitchup

Morning guys

I tried printing to some textile vinyl this morning, 2 spot colours and silver. I've done this before to the same vinyl without problems, but this time the output was cr*p :(

Before printing I cleaned the print head and the path of the vinyl.

Although the picture shows just the silver foil, the same speckles and scratches were evident in the red & blue foils! Also, when the job details are printed, they too are badly formed - this is quite common in most of the stuff I print! It's as if the head hasn't reached full temp before printing is started - just a hunch.

The vinyl is from PrintOne and the brand is Renown. In GSlot I substituted the usual 220 to IP6901 - Imageperfect's textile vinyl.

My only thought is that the vinyl itself might have been dirty/contaminated although it had been stored in a poly bag and box. This is just a guess, I've no idea really.

Any suggestions?

UPDATE:
I just printed to my usual Oracle white vinyl using the 3M Scotchcal Series 220 Premium Film profile and, whilst not perfect, it was a huge improvement. So it seems I need to use another vinyl profile and NOT IP 6901 Heat Transfer Vinyl. So is this a heat issue associated with the vinyl type? Maybe.

Cheers

John

Attachments

• 5D8E8788.jpg
    5D8E8788.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 127
  • 5D8E8794.jpg
    5D8E8794.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

stitchup

I find it very frustrating especially when using a vinyl that costs £7 per metre ($11) and it's trashed.

I swapped to Imageperfect IP6901 and printed the same design but this time using 600 x 300 DPI and all was perfect. Don't know why - vinyl? 600dpi? Combination of the 2?

John