• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what is the easiest 2ml vinyl to weed with small graphics

gabagoo

Ok I know what the best vinyl is for this task, unfortunately my dealer says it is a special order from 3m and I have to wait 3 weeks plus. I just wonder if there is another brand of 2 ml vinyl that has very easy to weed characteristics....

MikeD

Can't recommend a specific product, but (as you probably already know,) thinner adhesive layer and a liner with a thicker silicone layer gives the lightest release for ease in weeding. Calendared media also tends to weed easier in my experience due to it's inherent dimensional instability.
Good Luck!

TammieH

3M-180C-1515
FDC series 1800 is 3M 180 3M™ Controltac™ Plus Graphic Film ...

I believe this comes on clear plastic liner that is easier to weed

or

If you can't find anything, if it is possible...cut a registration box around your graphics, apply graphics to your substrate then weed.
With some colors you will need good lighting to see.

CanuckSigns

Ok I know what the best vinyl is for this task, unfortunately my dealer says it is a special order from 3m and I have to wait 3 weeks plus. I just wonder if there is another brand of 2 ml vinyl that has very easy to weed characteristics....

ND is out of stock on something!?! you don't say!

3M Electrocut is by far the easiest film to weed that I have ever used. I've cut and successfully weeded and appled 1/10 inch lettering with this film, and believe me, I'm no whiz at weeding.

gabagoo

ND is out of stock on something!?! you don't say!

I suppose if demand is low (only because they don't promote it) then yes I should wait 3 weeks for delivery....sure I can wait, but not my customer

3M Electrocut is by far the easiest film to weed that I have ever used. I've cut and successfully weeded and appled 1/10 inch lettering with this film, and believe me, I'm no whiz at weeding.

Yes this is the magic vinyl....In any case I called down to Advantage Graphics in Grand rapids and they are shipping it direct from their 3M distributor to my door - 4 days max....... Will be worth paying the extra to have it and not have to lose a sale.