• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is this gold vinyl?? Any help is appreciated.

Ultimate13

Hi can anyone help me determine what this gold is from this bad picture? It seems to have a random pattern, but was not hand leafed, it looks like a vinyl. I just haven't seen this style before. The black is directly printed on it if that helps in determining what it is. Also it is on a fire engine. I appreciate any help or advice!!

Thank you,
Tim Sieger
Ultimate Design

Last edited by a moderator:

jfiscus

Rap Master
I cannot see a picture, but I assume that it is an Edge print on an unknown gold vinyl from your description.
You're gonna probably need a decent photo to determine the material accurately as a lot of them are very similar.

Ultimate13

I cannot see a picture, but I assume that it is an Edge print on an unknown gold vinyl from your description.
You're gonna probably need a decent photo to determine the material accurately as a lot of them are very similar.

I know I am having trouble uploading the picture. I have done this before and today it doesn't seem to be working. I will get it up as soon as I can.

jfiscus

Rap Master
if you are trying to upload a JPEG and it is CMYK, that will not work. I have had that trouble before.
Otherwise, I think you need one of those lil blue pills. I have NOT had that trouble before.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I know I am having trouble uploading the picture. I have done this before and today it doesn't seem to be working. I will get it up as soon as I can.

Please send the image to me at the email address in my signature. What you uploaded did not work and I'd like to see why it didn't.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Please send the image to me at the email address in my signature. What you uploaded did not work and I'd like to see why it didn't.

Don't tell me he's shooting blanks....... :Oops: I got it..... you're gonna say, he finally got it up and it was too big and didn't fit...................:rolleyes:

Okay, I'll shut up and go home. It's Friday and I'm getting mighty thirsty for my libations.​

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The missing images.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20150803_145529.jpg
    20150803_145529.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 93
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    351 KB · Views: 104

Ultimate13

Thank you so much for posting them Fred! Thank you for the diagnosis on my condition to everyone hahah. I also have never needed a blue pill, maybe some tech support tho.
I assume they may have been too large of files?? Or is it something else?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Thank you so much for posting them Fred! Thank you for the diagnosis on my condition to everyone hahah. I also have never needed a blue pill, maybe some tech support tho.
I assume they may have been too large of files?? Or is it something else?

One was too large ... one was not. Both gave me a problem and then both worked. Nothing wrong with color mode or bit depth.

All I can suggest is too review the following post:

http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?34997-How-do-I-post-pictures-at-Signs-101

SignosaurusRex

If I'm not mistaken, that looks to be RoyalGild. The company was very short lived despite aggressive promotion and the products are no longer available.
The products were hand gilded, small run production and seemed to be hurried. IMHO, the product was a mediocre substitute for the real deal due to the quality of the finish that varied from batch to batch.
Large scale production never got up and running and you had to order it direct from RoyalGild.

Ultimate13

If I'm not mistaken, that looks to be RoyalGild. The company was very short lived despite aggressive promotion and the products are no longer available.
The products were hand gilded, small run production and seemed to be hurried. IMHO, the product was a mediocre substitute for the real deal due to the quality of the finish that varied from batch to batch.
Large scale production never got up and running and you had to order it direct from RoyalGild.

The truck was made in 2007 if that makes a difference on timeline for RoyalGild... otherwise... CRAP. Haha, thank you for the information tho!!

jfiscus

Rap Master
I thought that I have dealt with every possible material out there, but I've never seen this... or anything even close.
This print was done with a Gerber Edge and then the cutting is done and laminate applied and cut again.

Just curious if you had time to check back here and take a look with any other information. Anything is appreciated, thank you for your time.

Sorry things have been crazy around here. But I took a look at it, and I've never seen it before! Like the others have said, I don't know of anything that will match that.