• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions What is you favorite program or plug-in or Fill patterns/backgrounds. you can't live without!

mrbid

I was wondering your favorite plug-ins or programs or Fill patterns/backgrounds.
That you can't live without.
Things that make your life easier than before.

Like; Vector Magic; converts bmp to vector
Find My Font; Shows you the close font in your system or where to buy font from bmp image
Alien Skin plugins
photoscissors; get rid of backgrounds that you don't want.
Aurora fills
fantastic fills

WildWestDesigns

I'm partial to my Astute Graphics plugins for Ai.

Some of it adds new functionality (at least new in terms of CS5 and CS6, that may be different with CC versions, I dunno) and some of them just make things easier to do with existing functionality.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I'm partial to my Astute Graphics plugins for Ai.

Some of it adds new functionality (at least new in terms of CS5 and CS6, that may be different with CC versions, I dunno) and some of them just make things easier to do with existing functionality.

I have a few of them also (VectorScribe, Vector First Aid, InkScribe) but haven't used them enough to say much about them. I'm a bit suspicious of letting some of the auto cleanup actions do their thing when I can't see what changes are being made. Got to find the time to learn it and use it more..

WildWestDesigns

I have a few of them also (VectorScribe, Vector First Aid, InkScribe) but haven't used them enough to say much about them. I'm a bit suspicious of letting some of the auto cleanup actions do their thing when I can't see what changes are being made. Got to find the time to learn it and use it more..

I don't use the auto clean up. I use the sketch tool (allows for wacom airbrush pen support that isn't there natively, at least not in the versions of Ai that I have) and Phantasm etc. I've seen the Vector First Aid and it does look promising, but like with embroidery digitizing, I'm more of a "use the pen tool" kind of person.

Patentagosse

I like VectoRaster to create vector dot pattern gradients. It helps a lot when your printing a fade and it creates a 3rd color in the middle (ex: black to red with weird brownish color in transition zone).

Mac only unfortunately. 'Have to turn on my old G4 to use it and export it back in EPS. Lots of options. Cool.