• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what is your shop warranty for vehicle lettering?

CanuckSigns

I disclose to people what the vinyl is rated at. If something goes wrong with it, well I didn't manufacture it. I can't take responsibility for it, I then explain to them that If it goes bad after a very short time, I will make some kind of fair arrangement with them. Maybe split the loss or something.

I disagree with this as both a consumer and a shop owner. You may not have made the vinyl, but you chose it, and you supplied it, therefore you are responsible for it. Imagine it this way, you hire a carpenter to build you a deck, it looks great when it's done, but 3months later the wood is all twisted and splitting, would you expect the carpenter to replace the deck, or would you be happy if he said to take it up with the lumber mill?

The client paid you for the job, why on earth should they then have to go through the hassle of contacting a vinyl manufacturer to try to get a warranty claim? That's our job.