• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What Is Youw Vinyl Removal Process

visual800

I usually park it in the sun and use razor scraper to lift it up but pull it off with fingers when i can. IF it is goign to be difficult and break off in little peices I tell them to find a detail shop that removes it. I dont have time for that.

ams

I avoid using a heat gun for removal. There are two methods I use, #1. A steamer, not only does it heat, but it's steaming water and the vinyl actually falls off on it's own if it's fresh or you can just pull old off with your fingers, works like magic. #2. The MBX vinyl zapper, worth the investment of $500 if you strip the two front doors in under 10 minutes. It removes the vinyl and adhesive both so it's a perfect finish when you are done. Most amazing tool ever.

I charge $60 / hour, because removals aren't hard at all. If it's reflective I throw in an extra hour or two because it's more of a pain.

decalman

I remove a lot of vinyl.
I haven't seen anyone reveal any real tricks of the trade yet.
I'm not sure about the steamer though. That might be good.
I've got an eraser wheel, but I've seen it remove paint, and leave burn marks.

1st you asses the vinyl condition. Is it fresh, or has it been on 14 years and all cracked.
Is it on metal , fiberglass, Is it on cheap paint ?.

Combination of three things

If the vinyl is baked on and looks impossible, then I get out a special powerful chemical, that doesn't like vinyl very much.

I use a combination of three things. 3 things.
Heat gun...to loosen it up

Chemical treatment if it looks really baked, and then, to actually get it off, I use a special razor scrape tool. I rarely if ever leave a scratch.

Sorry, but I'm withholding the some of the details. like the names of the 3 chemicals, or what and where to get the scraper, publicly.....unless you contact me, and I've seen you on sign101