• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What kind of material do you use to put clear wraps on sports cars?

WhatsYourSign?

Hey folks,

We've had some requests for clear wraps to put on cars to protect the paint jobs and would like to be able to offer this as a service.

I have a few questions I'm hoping somebody may be able to help answer:
  • Vendors - Does anybody know of a good vendor who sells these clear wraps pre-cut?
  • Material - If you don't buy your material pre-cut, do you recommend a specific type of vinyl to use for these?
  • Pricing - How do you price these services? What do you charge per square foot?
Thanks in advance for any assistance!!!

Last edited:

2B

If you start offering this service.
NOTE: take extra care with the pre-inspection of the vehicle and areas getting the film. Show the customer and take detailed photos before and AFTER installation.
PPE film will magnify whatever flaw is on the surface

Andrew Allen

Hey folks,

We've had some requests for clear wraps to put on cars to protect the paint jobs and would like to be able to offer this as a service.

I have a few questions I'm hoping somebody may be able to help answer:
  • Vendors - Does anybody know of a good vendor who sells these clear wraps pre-cut?
  • Material - If you don't buy your material pre-cut, do you recommend a specific type of vinyl to use for these?
  • Pricing - How do you price these services? What do you charge per square foot?
Thanks in advance for any assistance!!!

We use suntek’s PPF it’s a wet install. I’m not a fan of pre cut patterns. They are usually cut short. Not to mention you need to stretch it to disperse the wrinkles.

As previously stated. It’s called PPF. Many companies make it. Xpel, suntek, 3m, Avery, oracal, hexis, and others. Precut are easy in the fact that you don’t have to stock expensive rolls in different sizes. Especially when just starting out. You also won’t have to purchase cut templates or monthly subscriptions for software for the templates. Or have a plotter if you don’t currently have one. It is applied wet, and while similar to vinyl application, is more challenging in many ways if that is what you are used to. Take a class on it and get the basics. I know Xpel and hexis offer them. Do some research and get some training. It will be worth it.