• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What kind of Material is used on Interior Train warning signs etc?

adamfromayr

Hi all

Ive a LEC-330 UV printer by Roland and started to make some labels to recreate many older original ones that need replaced when i do refurbishments on older items

Ive bought 2-3 Job lots of Vinyl and i printed out some nice labels and applied a vinyl wrap to make it thicker but its no where right enough for what i wanted

You know those warning stickers often found on trains and buses etc?

And on many industrial items?

They are pretty solid flexible vinyl?

Do you know the exact kind i need to buy? Its like a very think vinyl? to make the same thick quality on those train warning stickers etc?

also like the ones below also?

I think they are even thicker than the train stickers

DSC07360.JPG

adamfromayr

Thanks but that cant be right i don't think any Aluminium is used on the UK train stickers i took a look before and the one in my pic is more plastic vinyl

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Looks like a stamped data plate in the picture? The plastic on the top is just a peel off plastic film for protection until the plate is installed

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Is it routed color core? We typically see that, aluminum and regular vinyl decals on this type of equipment. Caterpillar used to use aluminum riveted to the machine for their warnings and would assume it's dye sub. They are legible for years but the newer machines we see are all vinyl decals, no more plates.