• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What kind of printing is this, and who does it?

TheSnowman

Apparently the company that used to print these (just a general paper printing company far as I can tell) isn't printing them anymore, so they came to me for a solution. It's basically a one month promotional for a community fund raising event. They get the people involved to cut them out by scissors, and follow the black outline. It's just got to be 23" X 35" or so, and black ink on red paper.

I have checked w/ Mike @ Merrit, and I'm waiting to hear back if the blueprint guys can do this or not. Anyone else know of a wholesale online source? Got print could do them, but I only need 150, not 500.

attachment.php

Attachments

• follies2.JPG
    follies2.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

Letterbox Mike

traditional offset 1-color on red stock? Quantity is probably too low though... Does it have to be black on red or can it be a 4-color print on white (i.e. inkjet print the whole thing, but the backside would be white instead of red)?

Tony McD

I've used a local print shop do similar stuff.
They had a room full of oversize sheet stock to choose from.
For artwork, I took them a black a white file on disc.

Also a good way to print larger restaurant menus, etc...

TheSnowman

traditional offset 1-color on red stock? Quantity is probably too low though... Does it have to be black on red or can it be a 4-color print on white (i.e. inkjet print the whole thing, but the backside would be white instead of red)?

It can be a four color print as far as they are concerned...these things were total crap in my opinion...colors are a terrible combo, and they faded after being in stores windows for like a week. I have no clue what they paid for them before, so I didn't even know rather to get involved.

I'm not against Kinko's I guess...I just have never ever been there, so wasn't sure about it. They need 300 "legs" total, so yea, 150.

TheSnowman

Yea, just called Kinko's...I'm glad to see they aren't lowballers. $3,000 for 150 that are 2' X 3' semi gloss paper, about like a cardstock thickness. If I wanted to get that in it, I can get them from GotPrint.

petepaz

you should try and get some red paper stock and run it on your mimaki. we print on colored material on our rolands all the time with good results as long at the material is light enough and based on your pic you should be fine. since it was crap before and they were ok with it it should be ok now but i think you will get good results

TheSnowman

I was just thinking about printing them. I don't even know where to begin looking for a red roll of paper though. Even if I could get something heavy enough to print the red on, it'd probably be ok. Anyone use anything like that? I'm running a JV3. I'm looking on Advantage's page right now for something.

TheSnowman

I'm not a screen print shop, nor do I know anyone that's gonna give me the time of day to print paper I wouldn't think. I just found this one Advantage's page. Looks like it could work. It's compatible w/ a JV3. I could print these in a pretty short amount of time, I'm just wondering if this stuff will curl when they cut them out with scissors...(yes, they cut them w/ scissors because they don't want to pay me to plotter cut them)

http://www.advantagesignsupply.com/Sihl-TriSolv-PostArt-Paper-Satin-6-mil-54-x-200

TheSnowman

Chicago - Do you like it? Do you think it'll curl like vinyl that hasn't sat long enough when they cut it out? Or should I be good? They only have to last a month...INDOORS.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Gigposters are usually screen printed... if you go to gigposters.com I'm sure you can find someone to do it.

jrsc

what you want is 1 color offset on red paper. 23 x 35 is one of the most common sizes for an offset paper. 150 is a bit on the low side but its a quick easy job for an offset printer. I bet you can get it done for a couple hundred dollars. You can probably double the quantity for $50 more. Offset would be the most affordable way to do this by a long shot.

Salmoneye

Offset, any commercial printer. 1 plate, black ink, doesn't get any easier. You will pay the minimum set up charge 150 or 1,000 will probably be the same price except for the stock (of which there might be a minimum).