• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What material for printed decals?

biggmann

We do a lot of printing and laminate all our prints however we are getting more and more request from companies to do runs of decals to apply to shipping boxes, labels for products etc. and this is not something we really need to laminate. We have tried using our oracal 3651 print and cut with no lamination but it is too thin. Is there a product out there that can be used for decals with no lamination?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I have a great 5 Mil Permanent 54"x150' for only $125 and a 6 Mil Permanent for only $135 on 54"x150' both are glossy.

GAPrinting

We used to use oracal 3651 for similar type decals as well. We have since tried Drytac Polar Premium, Avery EZ apply MPI 2903, & 3M 35C. Overall the 35C has worked by far the best for us. Not only does it feel the thickest out of all the options, but it is also the best for weeding. We do large runs of 1" - 2" decals, and were constantly having problems & wasting time weeding out decals slowly to make sure they stayed down.
Since switching to 35C we weed entire sheets at a time with no worry, unless cutting pressure is way off of course.