• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What material for skins

stephenj148

I'm going to start making skins for laptops, phones, kindles, ipods and other things. What would be the best material for these types of applications?

heyskull

We ordered some skins from Japan and the material is the cheapest nastiest stuff I have ever seen.
It almost feels like laminated paper but I have delaminated bits and it is vinyl but only just!
If you are trying to be competitive you will have to buy the cheap nasty stuff..lol

SC

mshi

I would ensure you look for something with removeable adhesive and depending on what you want to spend versus what you think you can charge an air egress media. People might get a bit upset if ther shiny new iphone or xbox has a ton o residue on it if they want to change their skins.

R08

I wrapped my Omnia cell phone with 3m wrap material and it still was still cheap.
But the most important is the laminate (that is if you want it to conform to curves)