• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What material to use?

Kemble

Being new to the wide format full color aspect of the industry, and when I say new, I mean I'm getting my machine in 3 weeks...

Anyways, I have a friend that had to replace the backboard of a basketball hoop due to a kid shattering it with a baseball. He used clear plexi glass for the backboard and wants me to put the traditional square in the middle with a logo inside it. Problem is, he wants the decals to go on the backside and show through the plexi glass and he wants the logo in full color.

Now If I used layers and used Oracal 651 vinyl that wouldn't be an issue since the adhesive side of Oracal 651 is the same color as the front. But in printing isn't the adhesive side of all the material white or gray?

Like I said, I'm clueless as to the different substrates in the full color market so could anyone recommend how I would do this? Is there a material that I can print full color on that is intended for "inside" application?

Thanks

J Hill Designs

yeah. mirror print clear, then lay down a white backer vinyl...or thermal print, or inkjet with a white option, or UV with white...

Letterbox Mike

yes. reverse print on clear, laminate that with opaque white vinyl with clear adhesive (not gray adhesive like Orajet 3651). The adhesive of the clear vinyl will be what adheres to the backside of the plastic.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Just print your image and use a double sided clear tape on the top so you can apply it to the side you want to.

Kemble

The outer box is a 16" x 16" - 1" border thick.

The inner logo is 10" x 10" the space between the outer box and the logo is to remain clear.

So if I print reverse on clear vinyl, then laminate it with white vinyl then the space will not stay clear. Am I missing something?