• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What materials to use for an outdoor placard applied to a cement wall?

tanner707

Hi!
Any advice (good advice) Would be greatly appreciated. This is the first time I have had this request from a customer. It is for a Pest control business. They want 6 x 8 inch exterior placards with their logo and pest control station information.
This is the information that he gave me.

The exterior Wall Placard needs to be a thick foam or plastic that can stick to an exterior cement wall and take the sun and rain. Any suggestions on what I should use for this job? Thank you for taking the time to read this. I do appreciate any help on this.
Thank you.

Ryze Signs

How thick? 1. Aluminum with studs welded on the back. 2. Acrylic with studs glued or tapped. 3 ACM with countersunk tapcons. There are many good ways to skin this cat.

tanner707

How thick? 1. Aluminum with studs welded on the back. 2. Acrylic with studs glued or tapped. 3 ACM with countersunk tapcons. There are many good ways to skin this cat.
No requirements on the thickness. After talking with him more he does not want to do any drilling or damage to customers walls. Is there a double sided tape that is strong enough to adhere to different types of concrete outside? I am researching this question right now. I have not heard of any tapes that can do this, but I also have not looked into it in years.

Ryze Signs

You can use 3M VHB tape and some dabs of silicone. The silicone might leave some residue, but I can't think of anything else that will adhere well and can be removed cleanly. I would feel safer with a minimum of one tapcon. A few small screw holes in concrete can be easily filled and may do less damage than an adhesive.

Last edited:

tanner707

You can use 3M VHB tape and some dabs of silicone. The silicone might leave some residue, but I can't think of anything else that will adhere well enough to not do so.
I was just reading up on that VHB tape. Thank you for taking the time to help out. I think that might work. Thanks

Billct2

Around here they are usually on a stake and stuck in the ground.
For a concrete wall mounting foam tape and a little silicone works fine

tanner707