• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question What media

Claytons

I've been asked by a customer to make some stickers, they are a car dealership and they have full colour stickers that stick to the inside of the rear window so the logo is visable from the outside, the samples I have look like they are printed on the sticky side.

What is this media called and can a hp latex print this?

Claytons

Thanks, The sample I have is a white vinyl and it looks like the print is on the sticky side, I'm just curious to how this is done and whether I can do something similar on a latex printer.

Scotchbrite

No comment
Like victor bogdanov mentioned, you print mirror on clear vinyl and laminate with white vinyl that has a clear adhesive. This would probably give the appearance of the print being on the adhesive side but it's actually between the clear vinyl and white "laminate". We used to print stickers that way for the local chamber of commerce's membership window stickers.

Personally I don't like putting stickers on the inside of car windows on newer cars because many of them have at least a little tinting which makes it harder to see the sticker.

You can get adhesive on rolls that you can mount to a material using a laminator. So it is possible to print on a film with no adhesive and then mount the adhesive over the print after the fact. But that seems like a lot of trouble to go to and I don't know where you'd find vinyl without adhesive.