• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What might be causing this problem?

Involute

I'm using a 40W Epilog Helix laser to etch a design in some dyed plywood. I've done it before with this same material with no problem. I did a test today prior to doing some more etching and a couple of very fine lines appeared at the corner of the artwork (opposite the quarter arc), as you can see in the photo below. They're not part of the original artwork (zipped Adobe Illustrator file attached), and the settings are for raster only, no vectors (also below). Any idea what's going on?

Hairline.JPG

Settings.jpg

Attachments

• Chemistry ticket.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 142

Kanta

Could be worth checking your print settings from whichever software you are sending it to the laser from. I'd imagine if you had something like crop marks set active that would also be sent to the laser.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Classic fail on the attachment. Linked images & fonts not outlined. Never really understood why people link images. I'm sure in rare cases it's a good thing but...
And ALWAYS outline fonts. Other than that I see nothing in the file that would cause the issue.

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
Classic fail on the attachment. Linked images & fonts not outlined. Never really understood why people link images. I'm sure in rare cases it's a good thing but...
And ALWAYS outline fonts. Other than that I see nothing in the file that would cause the issue.
Your tagline says CorelDraw....so I am assuming that is what you are used to using. CD handles embedded images much better than Illustrator. Illustrator gets brought to it's knees pretty quick with embedded images.