• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What Rip are most people using on their Epson S80600?

GSM903

We have been using our Epson for about a month now and wondering what other Rips most people are using?

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
This isn’t a big help but I’m getting one soon and we’re getting onyx with it. This is mainly as it seemed to play nice with all of our other equipment (mimaki cutter, Zund, other solvent printers) and the package deal wasn’t that bad from Grimco

printing and cutting from our mimaki jv150 to our mimaki cutter is a major pita so hoping that onyx makes that easier

bteifeld

Substratia Consulting,Printing,Ergosoft Reseller
Ergosoft has an advantage in the quality of its extended gamut inkset printing
as well as the control it gives to the user over the ink limiting and linearization processes. You also have the best control of the patch count and size of all test charts.

Michael-Nola

I print things. It is very exciting.
I use Onyx Thrive. I find it's the best fit for most shops honestly. Caldera is the most popular but it is lowest on my suggestion list. Print Factory is the highest end of control, features, and power, but is overkill for the average shop. The only right answer for you is based on who's build style and features you can use most effectively. All rips have tons of automation features and workflows to really blast through production, but for people who will only go so far as to set up every single job manually ... feature and RIP differences really don't matter at that point.

Rick Churaman

Are you using the new colour checker? with their gold subscription?
Onyx Postershop or Thrive are great choices but if you want a really robust rip software, spend some money on Caldera....BTW S80600 is worth every penny and I bet you will buy a second one soon. I am NOT an epson salesman.

DAVID MARSHALL

I use Onyx Thrive. I find it's the best fit for most shops honestly. Caldera is the most popular but it is lowest on my suggestion list. Print Factory is the highest end of control, features, and power, but is overkill for the average shop. The only right answer for you is based on who's build style and features you can use most effectively. All rips have tons of automation features and workflows to really blast through production, but for people who will only go so far as to set up every single job manually ... feature and RIP differences really don't matter at that point.
I second Print Factory, it just keeps getting better and you don't have to pay for the upgrades. Luvvit.

natallica

Graphics Guru
We use Flexi 21 primarily, but also have Onyx 21. Wish Flexi would give this printer a little more attention in their software, but my scratch profiles are working OK so far.

-N8

Erik Mello

I always recommend ONYX RIP software for my customers purchasing an Epson. Like mentioned earlier it has a learning curve but once you get used to it, you're better off.