• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What Squegee do you use?

heyskull

Hi

Over the last few years we have used Avery Dennison Squeegee Pro as our preferred application squeegee.
At the end of last year Avery in their infinite wisdom changed the felt material that was applied to these.
The felt now fails and wears out at a quiet horrific rate and is costing a fortune a week in how many of these my fitters are going through.
The main issue is the squeegee plastic itself is still in perfect condition but the felt Avery now use is very low quality.
I am no longer happy to pay for a sub standard product that was updated so they could sell more.
So here is the question.... What is your favourite application Squeegee?

SC

T_K

Have you tried any of the felt replacement pads? I've been using monkey strips, and they're doing good. But I'm not doing all-day installs either.

Tizz

The Avery type were great. When the felt on mine eventually wore out, ripped out some double sided tape, cut my own felt material (purchased from the local fabric shop) and now an endless supply. Does the job.