• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What the F(u)ont

Sandman

After looking at too many "font help" posts, my eyes are starting to burn. What is with these customers? It's like they're TRYING to make their logos difficult to read. When I have a customer that brings me these ridiculous fonts I just make them do the squint test. When their logo becomes unrecognizable, the light bulb usually goes off and most often they leave the designing to me. If the squint test fails I just show them my portfolio and morgue file and when they see dozens and dozens of great looking signs, none of which have those butt ugly fonts on them, most of them finally get it.

signgal605

Customers will argue that they can read their font. Well yeah, you know the name of your own business. I've taken their ugly font, typed up some random words, and made them stand back & try to read it. That will occasionally get through to them that their name needs to be readable.