• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What to look for in a printer

MatthewTimothy

Ive been debating on the purchase of a used or new mutoh printer. Ive used Mimaki and Gandi printers in the past but this will be a 1st for me. What are some good suggestion in to look for when purchasing a used or new mutoh??

Fatboy

Backup in your area.And by backup I mean a very reliable tech guy that actually answer his phone or return your calls.Someone that will be honest with you and are not indoctrinated by the brand name he works on.Someone that wont tell you your machine will explode just because you use 3 party inks(Just an example).Our local roland agency actually try to convince me a pinchroller broke because of third party ink!I now use a very reliable tech that tell me as it is.

Sorry , I deviated a bit but in my opinion you buy the backup....not the machine.

Robert M

Mutoh

Stick with the newer valuejet series. Do a test print, look at the test patterns, pay a tech to check it out, saves money in the long run. Mutoh has a no payment plan for six months on a lease, easy to apply on line.