• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What vinyl is this?

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Do you use clears shield for flat surface signs only? Or do you use it for wraps as well?

Most anything. It's every bit as flexible, if not more flexible, than vinyl. Basically Clear Shield is a liquid acrylic with UV inhibitors and this and than mixed in. When properly applied** it leaves an ~.001" thick sheet of coating. As opposed to an ~.002" or better sheet of coating for vinyl laminate. The extra thickness of vinyl laminate merely gives additional resistance to violence and little if anything else.

**It;s really hard to not apply it properly.

boxerbay

that OP photo looks like cheap non uv lam calendared lam on a print that did not gas out properly. i see them a lot around here. we have so many cheap single bay sign shops around here. when i quote i have to quote both options so i dont get under bid. I have to quote the proper stuff and then a super crap media price in case they shop it around. I have to explain to the customer this is this and that is that and show them photos and let them decide what they want to go with.

Vinyldog

I bought some vinyl awhile back. Q-Media I think it was called. It didn't hold up very well outside. But I only used it on coro-stake signs so what I needed for the job was just something inexpensive.
Many times trouble starts when you use something for what it was not intended to do.

Devon19515

Found some more of the burnt vinyl.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3250.JPG
    IMG_3250.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_3251.JPG
    IMG_3251.JPG
    143.1 KB · Views: 153