• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What you guys do if you burn out?

toucan_graphics

When I get burned out, my wife takes over for a day or two. We are a tiny shop (just her and I) and she is amazing at the tedious stuff like weeding, organizing and all the stuff that gets me bogged down.

Normally she handles the operations side of things (scheduling, ordering supplies, billing etc) and I handle the production/sales side.

It is much easier to put off ordering a few rolls of vinyl for a day or two than putting off the completion of a job, so she steps in and gives me a chance to decompress and unwind while she keeps things going. My wife is awesome.

Pete Moss

If a vacation is not possible I recommend some quality time with friends and family. Exercise helps, massage therapy helps. Still, I'd look into hiring someone, even if there are just part time and out of high school. There are a few threads here about where to go to hire people. With the amount of hours you are working it is no surprise, it'd happen to anyone.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I always say "work smart, not hard". Smart would be hiring someone qualified to handle the workload, and not have to do it yourself. But you even said yourself you like all the hard work, so not sure what the complaint is.