• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Whats best for exterior 4x4 Farm market signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

designali

Hi all, I have a client that would like exterior signs for a farmers market. (replacing existing vinyl signs that are peeling after 1 yr.) They will be 4x4 on 2 posts about 1/2"wide. I need advice on what substrate to use?
Also I was going to use vinyl (Oracal 951) but I was wondering if I could use a Printed vinyl, 3M Controltac IJ180C say on a Alumalite. Would it hold up to the weather? what else could I use? Thanks

TwoNine

Hi all, I have a client that would like exterior signs for a farmers market. (replacing existing vinyl signs that are peeling after 1 yr.) They will be 4x4 on 2 posts about 1/2"wide. I need advice on what substrate to use?
Also I was going to use vinyl (Oracal 951) but I was wondering if I could use a Printed vinyl, 3M Controltac IJ180C say on a Alumalite. Would it hold up to the weather? what else could I use? Thanks

Just in case you went to edit this before it was seen....

designali

oops

Sorry having a blonde moment, I thought I asked this before. Thanks for the link. I was hoping for more than 1 material suggestion. and what is Polymetal?

TwoNine

In OCTOBER? Just make the damn sign already.

And besides - if you've been doing this kind of work for over a year and a half now - I must say...You are way behind the learning curve here. This is BASIC, BASIC, BASIC!!!! Make the damn sign from wood with HP vinyl (Not Hewlett Packard - I meant High Performance - just in case there is any confusion here...) on it and quit wasting peoples time and resources on crap like this.

Especially if all you're gonna do on here is ask people for stuff like and then not even take the time to say thank you to them, or even acknowledge that they were trying to help you. Take that, and your request for boat lettering critique, or excuse me....Constructive criticism - and go back to where you might be better suited to find the answers you need. Where it is perfectly okay to get the answers you need and move on. Or ask again and again....Your choice. Membership is free there too. Bye.

TwoNine

I'll be damned. You even went back and just edited the one up there now....Good God. What happened to the 'Deet-dah-deet' thing?

Jesus. You're a sad Pho King case, Ma'am. You are the EXACT reason that some people on here - who honestly could use some assistance and would be appreciative of it - sometimes never get it.

Locals Find!

This is a joke right??

If you can't figure out what substrates to use on a 4x4 sign you don't belong anywhere near a sign. Either you lied to Fred and your a customer trying to double check on an actual sign shop or your the biggest douchebag I have ever seen.

Which is it??

Status
Not open for further replies.